Welcome to the SlabStox Card Market Report for May of 2023!
What a difference a month makes.
- Fanatics Collectibles' most recent acquisition, announced on May 22, shakes up the card market.
- Wemby and Caitlin Clark autos hit the secondary market with initial sales starting north of 4-figures.
- The Miami Heat take down three Eastern Conference giants en route to the NBA Finals against the Denver Nuggets.
If that doesn’t convince you sports and sports cards are unpredictable, think about this: Two NHL teams from U.S. cities with average June temps of 102°F (Vegas Golden Knights) and 86°F (Florida Panthers - Sunrise, Fla.) face off for the Stanley Cup this weekend!
Here’s more of what’s in this month's Sports Card Market Report:
- TAKE 1: Fanatics Collectibles Sports Card Footprint Grows
- TAKE 2: The Card Community Speaks
- TAKE 3: Tracking the Card Market
- TAKE 4: Top-5 Card Sales of the Month
- LOOKING AHEAD: Upcoming Shows & Product Releases
Join the ONE37pm CardTalk Pod as @LouisGeneux and @SlabStoxAaron debate takeaways from this Card Market Report to help you in your card-collecting journey. Stay tuned to social media for updates.
If you want to receive this SlabStox Card Market Report every month, subscribe to SlabStox’s FREE Daily Slab newsletter.
- All market data in this report is from Card Ladder. Card Ladder is an independent, third-party partner of SlabStox, providing card collectors and investors insights to make informed, data-driven decisions. Every investment and trading move involves risk. Do your research before making any decision.
- SlabStox is partners with PWCC, covering the weekly auction live every Sunday at 9:45 p.m. ET.
- SlabStox does not own any of the specific cards represented in the SX100 Index. SlabStox owns Jamal Musiala and Caitlin Clark cards, both mentioned in this report.