Getting a brand new TV is a great experience in itself, but the experience can be heightened with the right accessories. Even if you’ve had a TV for years, getting the right accessories for it can make a lot of things easier. With the way technology advances, it’s incredible what you can do with some extra add-ons and to help you through it; we’ve listed some of the best TV accessories that money can buy.
The Best TV Accessories on Amazon
How to pick the best TV accessories for you:
- Consider your TV – Knowing what will actually be compatible for your TV is certainly the most important aspect of buying accessories. For example, if you already have a smart TV that has access to the only streaming platform you’d like to use for example, streaming devices like Roku won’t be necessary.
- Consider your set up – Similarly to acknowledging what TV you have, knowing your set up is key. For example, if you only have one remote in your whole living room, a remote control holder isn’t needed. More crucially, you’ll know best what kind of accessory could make life easier for you. Perhaps a wall mount would be great or if you’ve compiled multiple DVDs or games and need space, you need a media console.
1. Roku Streaming Stick
If your TV isn’t a smart TV or you want some more options in addition to what comes pre-installed, then grabbing a Roku streaming stick might be the best option. It boasts Disney+, Netflix, Prime Video, HBO Max, Hulu and many more popular services which are at your fingertips with just a few pushes of some buttons. It also allows you to stream in 4k and it supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+. It also works with most popular voice assistants, so you might not even need the special remote that it comes with. Keep in mind that the remote, if you do use it, can get through batteries quite easily.
- Multiple streaming services
- Supports 4k and Dolby Vision
- Remote uses a lot of batteries
2. SITHON Remote Control Holder
This remote control holder by SITHON is a slick way to store any remote controls you might have for appliances in your media console, whether they’re for your TV, a DVD player, your streaming platform and more. It can also be used to store eyewear, stationary or anything else you might need. It’s made from faux leather and although the above image shows it in black, it comes in a wide range of colors like red, purple, brown, yellow, sky blue and many more. There are 5 compartments, which should cover most households these days without a problem. Keep in mind that if your remotes weigh differently to each other, it can topple over at times.
- Can be used for a little
- Made from PU leather
- Comes in many colors
- Might topple if weights are different
3. ROCKPOINT 70inch TV Stand
This MDF media console has a really slick design and is incredibly spacious, with six open storage slots. These are quite easy to assemble and depending on what’s good for you, you can actually separate one third of the console to be its own piece, making a matching set in your living room. There are also holes so that you can manage wires if you please, to clean your set up up a little. It comes in different colors, like dark black, charcoal, driftwood and more. Due to the wooden construction, keep in mind that this can chip easily if you’re rough with it.
- Great looking
- Very spacious
- Wire management option
- Different colors
- Can chip easily
4. BASON LIGHTING TV Backlight
If you’re looking to spruce up your set up a little, then a backlight for your TV could be a great option. This one from BASON LIGHTING has 8 levels of brightness and 6 dynamic flashing modes. With all of that power, it requires just 5V to work, so it won’t use up a lot of energy either. It’s powered by USB port, so as long as your TV has one in the back, there won’t be a wire showing. There are also different options based on the size of your TV, but the one linked works for 32”-58” TVs. Overall, the backlight adds some flare to your setup and keeps it fresh without any effort from you. Keep in mind that the remote could be a little more responsive and you can’t control how quickly the colors change.
- 8 levels of brightness
- 6 dynamic flashing modes
- USB powered
- Can’t control speed of color changes
- Remote isn’t especially responsive
5. Mounting Dream UL Listed TV Mount
Finally, if you currently have your TV on a stand on a media console or even on the ground, perhaps it’s time to take things up a notch and purchase a wall mount. This one has a center design that will fit most TVs from 26”-55” that weigh up to 77lbs. This mount also tilts up 5 degrees and down 15 degrees, swivels left and right and pulls out 16.7” and retracts 2.7”, so the movement is great. It’s made from heavy-duty aluminium and steel, meaning it’s sturdy and safe so you don’t have to worry. Some have complained that the assembly instructions aren’t particularly clear though, so if you want to avoid a struggle with putting it up, this might not be the right option for you.
- Great adjustability
- Durable design
- Instructions can be unclear