National Geographic’s Genesis NFT Collection, “GM: Daybreak Around the World,” is live today via blind drop.
National Geographic Drops Genesis NFT Collection 'GM: Daybreak Around the World'
A collection of 16 photographs, taken at the break of dawn around the world
The collection brings together 16 National Geographic photographers and digital artists to register daybreak around the world, and honors National Geographic’s 135th anniversary.
Mornings (aka GM) signal a chance to grow, connect, contribute, accomplish, and experience through renewal, possibilities, and boundless opportunity. The Collection signifies that in the next 135 years Nat Geo will push the boundaries of innovative storytelling further, promote access and inclusivity, uplift our creators and photography as a powerful medium to tell impactful stories.
It’s a new dawn of exploration where storytelling extends into web3, while making good on the mission to “Illuminate the Wonder of our World.”
Not long after mint, many users had issues minting the project due to technical difficulties. However, the team tweeted that everything has been resolved and that there is NO collection on Opensea.
The full list of photographers and their pieces featured in “GM: Daybreak Around the World” include the following:
- Justin Aversano: “A Good Morning at the top of Mt. Sinai”
- Jimmy Chin: “Cerro Torre at Sunrise”
- Delphine Diallo: “Uprising”
- Yagazie Emezi: “We Are Light”
- Mia Forrest: “Flanksia, In Motion”
- Kris Graves: “Berry Creek”
- Aaron Huey: “Sunrise In The Void”
- ioulex: “7:04:05”
- John Knopf: “gm”
- Cristina Mittermeier: “Good morning, turtle”
- Renan Ozturk: “Everest Sunrise”
- Cath Simard: “Indélébile”
- Ben Strauss: “Pursuit of Equilibrium No.16”
- Tara Workman: “Rise & Shine”
- Reuben Wu: “New Dawn Fades”
- Michael Yamashita: “Hallelujah Sunrise”
You can mint the collection here.