The game has already come a long way, but as they move forward Worldwide Webb plans to continue expanding. Future plans according to their Roadmap include:
- Occupiable land, access your land and showcase your NFTs in the land.
- Release of open source code for game development/metaverse progression.
- Friends list using wallet addresses/ENS names and advanced in-game chat.
- Pokemon-style battle engine Alpha for in-game progression and PvP see:
- Integration documentation with projects, allowing in-game mints using:
- Alpha of Mario Kart style PvP racing game.
- Migration to DAO with governance-based voting.
- WorldWideWebb hackathon GameJam - offering prizes for game developers to build Play To Earn games inside the WorldWideWebb engine.
- Battle Royal style PvP game with in-game mintable items.
- Create NPCs and mini-quests inside your land.
- Guild integration for communities.
Although Worldwide Webb is a fairly new metaverse, people seem to enjoy the nostalgia that the 2D overhead gameplay offers, as well as the incorporation of many beloved NFT projects.
Some notable people who are currently exploring the Worldwide Webb include DCLBlogger, Pranksy, Fvckrender, and many more.
To learn more about Worldwide Webb, you can check out their Discord and follow them for updates on Twitter.