To quote Indianapolis Colts quarterback Carson Wentz:"It's December; everything feels like a playoff game." As playoff-contending teams desperately compete for a playoff berth, additional attention gets paid to the standings and scoreboards, where heartbreak and excitement take center stage for a thrilling dance. Down below are our latest power rankings before we enter Week 14 of this NFL season.
The Patriots Chase The Cardinals For The Top of The NFL Week 14 Power Rankings
1. Arizona Cardinals (10-2) - Things continue to look up for the Cardinals as they became the first team in the NFL to reach the 10-win total this season. Even better: QB Kyler Murray and WR DeAndre Hopkins returned to the starting lineup.
2. New England Patriots (9-4) - It doesn't matter how intemperate the weather or how talented the opponent: the newly-minted No. 1 seed in the AFC knows how to win. The Pats' win against the Buffalo Bills on Monday Night Football might stand out as their biggest of the regular season, possibly locking up the AFC East crown.
3. Green Bay Packers (9-3) - The Packers have practically nothing to worry about in terms of competition from their division, so their focus coming off of their bye week is to continue their pursuit of the NFC's No. 1 seed and the home-field advantage and first-round bye that come with it.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-3) - When the month turns to December, quarterback Tom Brady and tight end Rob Gronkowski become the living example of winning football. Last Sunday, the four-time Super Bowl-winning duo moved into second place all-time for most regular-season touchdowns between a passer and receiver (90).
5. Kansas City Chiefs (8-4) - Even though their offense continues to struggle, the Chiefs defense deserves immense credit for stepping up when it matters most. With a 22-9 divisional win over the Denver Broncos, the Chiefs' D has held three of their last four opponents to single digits.
6. Baltimore Ravens (8-4) - As mentioned in last week's power rankings, the Ravens desperately need to improve their performance as their narrow wins have turned into losses. And who would've thought the player who needs to step up the most now is quarterback Lamar Jackson?
7. Dallas Cowboys (8-4) - Sometimes it takes a win to get everything back on track, and the Cowboys managed to do that last Thursday by defeating the New Orleans Saints, 27-17. But the biggest question moving forward is whether they can fend off a red-hot Washington Football Team and maintain their lead in the NFC East.
8. Tennessee Titans (8-4) - The combination of a bye week and a home matchup against the two-win Jacksonville Jaguars this Sunday could be what the doctor ordered if the Titans want to get right. It also doesn't hurt that wide receiver Julio Jones has been cleared to practice despite his lack of production this season.
9. Los Angeles Rams (8-4) - Now that they're back on the winning side of things, the Rams have a primetime matchup against the Cardinals next Monday night on tap. If any team needs a huge statement win, it's the Rams, especially if they win on the road.
10. Buffalo Bills (7-5) - The inconsistency that has plagued the Bills in recent weeks was displayed on Monday Night Football in their 14-10 loss to the Patriots. Although the strong winds forced Buffalo to abandon their normal scheme, the Bills still struggled to do anything right in Week 13.
More from one37pm
Buckets: Players with the Most Threes in an NBA Season
Most Valuable Footballers: The 6 Most Recent Ballon d'Or Winners
Who are the The Highest Paid Female Athletes in 2023?
CM Punk WWE Return: Our Dream Match Wishlist
How Many Ballon d'Or Does Messi Have?
The 15 Longest College Football Winning Streaks of All-Time