You've already washed for your face thoroughly with a facial wash that's best fit for your skin type, and you've moisturized adequately with a face moisturizer that's also the right fit for your skin type. Now it's time to go about your day because you're all done right? Wrong. You've missed a spot—a whole area actually. Often lost in our rigorous skincare routines is the importance of making sure your neck area is properly cleansed, hydrated, and moisturized as well. Even if you've been using whatever moisturizer you apply on your face to your neck region, neck creams are specifically made to target/prevent loose skin through its firming properties, and they also help with the issue of fine lines making them a great investment to add to your skincare lineup. We worked with KINLÒ's (Naomi Osaka’s functional skincare line), Dermatology Director Dr. Naana Boakye MD MPH aka Dr. B to round of the best neck creams for you to shop and invest in right now.
The 12 Best Neck Creams, According to a Dermatologist
To help you achieve soft and smooth skin
Meet our expert:
Dr. Naana Boakye MD MPH is the Dermatology Director for Naomi Osaka’s functional skincare line KINLÒ. Dr. B is practicing dermatologist who has treated more than 18,000 patients over the past 15 years, receiving her B.A. at Wellesley College, her M.P.H. from George Washington University and her M.D. from Temple University. Dr. B is also is affiliated with numerous professional societies including the American Academy of Dermatology, Skin of Color Society and the American Contact Dermatitis Society.
The Best Neck Creams, at a Glance:
- Best Daily Moisturizer - KINLÒ Sun Spot Brightening Moisturizer, $11.99
- Best for Firming - Yeouth Neck Cream with Vitamin C, $16.67
- Best Evening Moisturizer - Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Retinol Alternative Firming Night Moisturizer, $72
- Best Soothing Moisturizer - Mario Badescu Vitamin A-D-E Neck Cream, $19
- Best Hydrating Moisturizer - SKKN by Kim Face Cream, $85
- Also Great - Revision Skincare Nectifirm, $106
- Best Anti-aging Moisturizer - bareMinerals Ageless Phyto-Retinol Neck Cream, $55
- Best for Color Correcting - RoC Multi Correxion 5, $25.15
- Best for Vitamin C - Sweet July Skin Soursop Vitamin C Serum, $65
- Best Mask - 111Skin Celestial Black Diamond Lifting And Firming Neck Mask, $30
- Best Splurge - Argentum La Potion Infinie, $218.19
- Best for Hyperpigmentation - Algenist Firming & Lifting Neck Cream, $84
Best Daily Moisturizer
- What our dermatologist likes: How it's complexion brightening, improves uneven skin tone
- What they don't: May not work for all skin types
- Main ingredients: Vitamin C, ferulic acid, hyaluronic acid, squalane
- Key benefits: Can work in the day or night, has sustainable ingredients, vegan and cruelty-free
- Price at time of publish: $11.99
Founded by Naomi Osaka, KINLÒ is a functional skin care line especially aimed at helping those who suffer from eczema symptoms. The Sun Spot Brightening is made sustainably with key ingredients such as Vitamin C ferulic acid, hyaluronic acid, squalane and more. According to the brand, the Vitamin C and ferulic acid are what helps with removing sun spots while evening out your skin tone and texture. The Hyaluronic acid and squalane also work together within the formula to plump and smooth lines. After consistent usage you can expect to see your skin transform from dehydrated to hydrated and energized with the discoloration eliminated. Best of all the formula is also only $11.99, making it a quality affordable option.
- What our dermatologist likes: Is great for daily use, contains anti-aging and wrinkling ingredients, is unscented and good for sensitive skin types
- What they don't: Takes a while to integrate into routine
- Main ingredients: Vitamin C, retinol
- Key benefits: Targets neck area, chin, and jawline, combats hyperpigmentation
- Price at time of publish: $16.67
A super invigorating cream fortified with Vitamin C and retinol, the Yeouth Neck Cream works to combat major problems and problem areas like loose skin and lines, darks spots, and aging spots through its advanced formula. The cream has a great whipped texture that is luxurious in feel, and is easy to apply with equally easy instructions to follow. Just rub a small amount into your neck area, chin, and jawline and you'll be good to go. It will take a few weeks to see results, but as long as you're consistent you will be able to get good benefits from using.
Best Evening Moisturizer
- What our dermatologist likes: Hydrates and plumps the skin, firms and replenishes over night, helps with discoloration
- What they don't: Is a relatively small bottle that can run out fast
- Main ingredients: Hyaluronic Acid, retinol, resveratrol, vegan collagen
- Key benefits: Firms and reduces fine lines and wrinkles, replenishes and rehydrates skin to look fuller and healthier, keeps skin moisturized
- Price at time of publish: $72
If you are specifically looking for an evening moisturizer to use before bed, the Caudalie Resveratrol Lift Retinol Moisturizer is a good choice as it will take care of any skin issues you are having as you sleep and recharge. A vegan formula containing Hyaluronic Acid, retinol, resveratrol, vegan collagen, and more, the cream will firm up the appearance of your neck over night while the peptides work to redefine the look of your facial contours. A luxurious whipped texture accompanies the cream, which also comes in sturdy beautiful packaging.
Best Soothing Moisturizer
- What our dermatologist likes: Helps to improve cell turnover, moisturizes and replenishes the skin, protects against firmness
- What they don't: Has a heavy consistency
- Main ingredients: Rice bran oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E
- Key benefits: Moisturizes and nourishes skin, helps with skin firming and preventing loose skin
- Price at time of publish: $19
Mario Badescu Vitamin A-D-E Neck Cream is specifically meant for your neck area as it hydrates and firms the delicate areas and spots. The formula is one that helps with improving the overall the moisture levels of the skin, while also helping with firming and tightening up any loose skin you might be dealing with. Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and rice bran oil are amongst some of its key ingredients, along with Hyaluronic Acid for the re-hydrating elements. This cream tends to run on the heavy side and can seep into your clothing, so make sure to apply and give it enough time to dry before getting dressed.
Best Hydrating Moisturizer
- What our dermatologist likes: Can be used on the face and chest, is gentle, improves skin firmness and elasticity
- What they don't: Container is easy to misplace
- Main ingredients: Alfalfa complex, shea butter, squalane
- Key benefits: Improves complexion, hydrates skin, reduces fine lines
- Price at time of publish: $85
Created by Kim Kardashian, SKKN by Kim is a face cream that can easily double as a neck cream thanks to alfalfa complex, shea butter, and squalane properties. Made to have what the brand describes as a "cashmere-like enveloping texture," not only will you get skin restoration will have your face and next glowing, over regular usage you'll also begin to see the disappearance of fine lines and loose skin while seeing an improvement in radiance, firmness, and elasticity. Make sure you're careful with the container as it's relatively small and easy to misplace. Wouldn't want your $85 investment to go down the drain now would you?
- What our dermatologist likes: Has a light texture, tackles aging on the skin, firms jawline and tightens skin
- What they don't: Bottle size is small
- Main ingredients: Peptides, dihydromyricetin, sandalwood, phellodendron, barley extracts, Vitamin C, Vitamin E
- Key benefits: Firms skin in the neck and jaw area, helps with fine lines and wrinkles, reduces crepey skin
- Price at time of publish: $106
The Revision Skincare Nectifirm is one of the best neck creams available on the market as it's loaded with the likes of peptides, Vitamins C and E, barley extracts and others, and directly attracts fine lines, wrinkles, and crepey skin. The formula features five different peptides which play a role in strengthening the skin barrier, while the other ingredients jump in to tackle the affects of draping skin and aging. The cream offers a lightweight texture and comes in a bottle that is easy to use. You will have to spend a little more than some of the others listed (and the bottle is on the smaller side), but the benefits provided outweigh any potential cons.
Best Anti-aging Moisturizer
- What our dermatologist likes: Helps with cell turnover, is fragrance free and vegan, can use both in the morning and the evening
- What they don't: Could cause skin peeling if not exfoliating enough
- Main ingredients: Phyto-retinol, protein peptides, Hyalauronic Acid
- Key benefits: Reduces wrinkles and crepiness, provides long last hydration
- Price at time of publish: $55
The bareMinerals Ageless Phyto-Retinol Neck Cream is also a good neck cream to get your hands on as it provides assistance with evening, firming, and toning the skin as it subsequently fights against wrinkles and crepiness. Made with a unique formula blend of phyto-retinol, protein peptides, and Hyalauronic Acid, the skin's moisture barrier will be restored as the phyto-retinol gives you retinol benefits without the irritation, the peptides help with smoothing the skin, and the Hyalauronic Acid provides a hydration that will last you for most of the day. The application process is easy—just apply a small amount onto your fingertips and smooth into your neck, jaw, and upper part of your chest.
Best for Color Correcting
- What our dermatologist likes: Has SPF 30, helps with evening skin tone, doesn't irritate the skin
- What they don't: Takes some weeks to start seeing results
- Main ingredients: Vitamin C, tocopheryl acetate, hexyl-r complex
- Key benefits: Hydrates and protects skin, even skin and corrects dark spots, reduces dark circles, fine lines, and crows feet
- Price at time of publish: $25.15
This neck cream from RoC is made to specifically help those suffering from the issue of uneven skin and dark spots. Vitamin C, tocopheryl acetate, and hexyl-r complex are just a few of the many ingredients the formula is comprised of, with the cream reducing dark spots, improving elasticity, and restoring hydration with consistent use. You'll begin to start seeing improvements in about four weeks, and you can also be sure that your skin will be protected when you go outside as the cream is SPF30. Our only flaw is that the cream can be a bit on the greasy/heavier side which causes a slower absorption. Other than that, this is a good and affordable neck cream.
Best for Vitamin C
- What our dermatologist likes: Has natural ingredients, is gentle and made with a lightweight formula, skin firming
- What they don't: May not work for all skin types
- Main ingredients: Vitamin C, soursop, ferulic acid, green tea
- Key benefits: Makes skin healthier, hydrated, and brighter, improves complexion
- Price at time of publish: $65
Straight from Ayesha Curry's Sweet July skincare line, the Soursop Vitamin C Serum boasts the ingredients of Vitamin C, soursop, ferulic acid, and green tea amongst others, all of which combine to brighten, firm, and hydrate the skin. After about four weeks you will begin to see overall improvements in your skin's complexion along with an overall increase in skin health. The formula is a smooth one that slides on easily, and the application is very simple. All you have to do is apply one or two pumps and apply onto your neck and face area. Seeing as though the cream requires a very small amount to work, this bottle can last you a long time.
- What our dermatologist likes: Helps with evening out skin tone, has a quick absorption, sculpts and firms skin
- What they don't: Mask only comes in one size and may have an issue with staying on
- Main ingredients: Biomimetic peptides, glycerin, glycol, chondrus, agar
- Key benefits: Firms delicate skin, helps with skin plumping, reduces fine lines
- Price at time of publish: $30
If you want to give a neck cream in the form of a mask a shot, then the 111Skin Celestial Black Diamond Lifting And Firming Neck Mask is the route to go. With an emphasis on increasing biomimetic peptides, the ingredients in this cream combine with the natural functions of your body to in turn give you a firmer complexion that also tightens up the skin. The brand says that you can begin to see a reduction in fine lines in as early as 20 minutes, with an overall improvement in smoother more plump skin. The only negative is that you're spending $30 on one mask and it can be difficult to keep up with as far as a daily routine if you don't have budget to invest in a lot at one time. We recommend using this mask occasionally in addition to your normal neck cream if that is the case.
- What our dermatologist likes: Has an easy absorption, regenerates skin cells
- What they don't: On the pricier side
- Main ingredients: Silver Hydrosol, DNA HP
- Key benefits: Fortifies skin at a cellular level, contains a unique moisturizing process, regenerates tissue
- Price at time of publish: $218.19
The Argentum La Potion Infinie provides almost medical benefits in the sense that it is enriching your skin at a cellular level, moisturizing by way of hydrating, and regenerating your skin tissue through the its two main key ingredients, silver hydrosol and DNA HP. In addition to the hydration and smooth appearance, the formula also helps with getting rid of acne, wrinkles, fine lines, and hyperpigmentation. You'll get the best results using the cream a few times a week and while it is a splurge, the investment is worth every penny considering the benefits you're getting.
Best for Hyperpigmentation
- What our dermatologist likes: Improves skin elasticity, can use daily, isn't greasy
- What they don't: Can irritate sensitive skin
- Main ingredients: Alguronic acid, protein and peptide complex
- Key benefits: Rejuvenates skin, tighten and firms through its ingredients, gives a youthful appearance
- Price at time of publish: $84
The Firming & Lifting Neck Cream from Algenist aka ELEVATE is boosted by its alguronic acid and protein and peptide complex, and works against loss of firmness and elasticity, wrinkles, fine lines, and dryness. The alguronic acid is what rejuvenates the skin and helps it to appear more youthful, and the protein and peptide complex is what tightens and lifts the skin to prevent sagging. The cream has a rich feel and texture and absorbs easily, making the application process an easy one. Just dab and massage into the skin and you'll be good until it's time to apply again.
What to look for in a neck cream, according to a dermatologist:
"The skin on the neck is thinner and has fewer oil glands, therefore it is prone to dryness," says Dr. Naana Boakye MD MPH, adding: "There it is important to find a neck cream that has moisturizing ingredients i.e. squalene, glycerin, shea butter, pro-aging benefits ie peptides, vitamin C and E ferulic acid and a bonus would be SPF. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant that helps with collagen production and hyperpigmentation. Vitamin E and ferulic acid help reduce oxidative stress."
How we found the best neck creams:
"The key to finding a great neck cream is to read the labels rather than base it on marketing, and to look for key ingredients such as squalene, glycerin, shea butter, pro-aging and vitamin C and E while browsing through products," the dermatologist explains.
FAQs about neck creams:
Here are frequently asked questions about neck creams, and the dermatologist's responses.
Do neck creams work?
"Yes. There are a lot of clinical studies that suggest that neck creams are effective to help improve hydration and improve elasticity. However, it all depends on the formulation."
Should I use a neck cream?
"Yes. Everyone should use one because the aging process begins in your late 20s."
When should I start using a neck cream?
"The aging process begins in your late 20s, so this is when you should begin to start using neck creams."
RELATED: 26 Best Body Washes for Men in 2023
More from one37pm
The 18 Best Cowboy Boots for Men For Your Next Western Adventure
Cowboy Core is Taking Over the Runway, Social Media, and Streetwear
The 23 Best Sunglasses Brands for Men in 2024
The 12 Best Spring Sneakers to Break Out in 2024
The 18 Best Basketball Shorts to Shop in 2024: Reviewed and Researched
sacai x Carhartt WIP, NOAH x PUMA, and More Drops to Watch