Welcome to the SlabStox Card Market Report 2022 Year-In-Review!
2022: The most interesting year in sports cards yet? While 2020 and 2021 were filled with incredible price rises like never seen before, last year was a true test of what and who will be in the card market for the long haul. Many cards decreased in value, flipping cards within one week went extinct and patience again had to be exercised. Even with all of that being true, the sports card hobby is still thriving.
We started the SlabStox Monthly Market Report last June in hopes to provide you with the most important market trends, biggest news and deep analysis about sports cards. If you have been reading since the start, THANK YOU! If this is your first report, you’ve come to the right place to learn and better understand what is happening in the overall sports card market.
In this year-end report, we break down the biggest hits, misses, releases and sales of 2022. Here’s to an amazing 2023!
- Take 1: Sports Card Industry—Fanatics makes its mark
- Take 2: Football—QB frenzy
- Take 3: Basketball—Competition to be the best
- Take 4: Soccer—World Cup has its say
- Take 5: Baseball—Bombs away
- Take 6: Other Notable Card Sales ’22
- Looking ahead to 2023
Join the ONE37pm CardTalk/SlabStox Pod as Card Talk’s @LouGeneux and @SlabStoxAaron debate and dissect the year-end Card Market Report. Stay tuned to social media for updates.
If you want to receive this SlabStox Card Market Report every month to your inbox, subscribe to SlabStox’s FREE Daily Slab newsletter.
- All market data in this report is from Card Ladder. Card Ladder is an independent, third-party partner of SlabStox, providing card collectors and investors insights to make informed, data-driven decisions. Every investment and trading move involves risk. Do your research before making any decision.
- Cards owned by SlabStox of players in this report: Aaron Rodgers, Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappé, Erling Haaland, Giannis Antetokounmpo.