We have finally arrived at a future scenario that's been teased in all those 80s and 90s shows and films - a world where virtual reality headsets have expanded their reach beyond theme park attractions and mall kiosks to enter everyone's living room & bedroom setups. The modern-day VR headset market is flooded with a strong lineup of quality options - PS5 owners have the PS VR2, while gamers who primarily game on PC can tap into the tech put forth by the Valve Index VR Kit and the HTC Vive Pro 2. Meta (the company behind the biggest social media hubs such as Facebook, Instagram, Threads, and WhatsApp) has its own VR headset that has garnered plenty of excitement as well - the Meta Quest 3. If you've been looking for a push in the direction of picking one up or avoiding it altogether, allow us to point you toward our very own Garrett Dickey for an in-depth Meta Quest 3 review.
Curious About VR? Then Check Out Our Meta Quest 3 Review
Before we get into our Meta Quest 3 review, check out the device's most noteworthy stats courtesy of the official website:
- Price: $499.99 USD for 128GB and $649.99 USD for 512GB
- Storage: 128GB and 512GB options
- Mixed Reality: Two RGB cameras with 18 PPD for 10X the resolution of Quest 2 and 2X the resolution of Quest Pro in passthrough
- Audio: Integrated stereo speakers with 3D spatial audio
- Display Resolution: 2064x2208 pixels per eye enhances resolution by nearly 30% compared to Meta Quest 2; 4K+ Infinite Display with 25PPD and 1218 PPI
- Content Library: 500+ titles
- Backward Compatibility: Full access to the entire catalog of Meta Quest apps, games, and experiences
Did you like this article?
More from one37pm
The Biggest December 2023 Video Game Releases
The 20 Best Co-Op Games on Switch
The 11 Best Games Like 'Stray'
'Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora' Release Date: Story, Gameplay, and More
The 18 Best Games Like 'Overcooked'
The 15 Best Games Like 'Wordle'