With the weather quickly changing and our sun setting earlier, the alignment between mother nature and the NFL is once again aligned uniquely through the act of change. In a topsy-turvy season, this week didn’t provide much clarity about the prospects of several presumptive Super Bowl contenders. The buzziest team faltered (Los Angeles Rams); clutch teams collapsed down the stretch (Baltimore Ravens); chaos-addled teams won big games (Green Bay Packers). Down below are our latest power rankings before we enter Week 11 of this chaotic NFL season.
The Packers Lead The NFL Week 10 Power Rankings
1. Green Bay Packers (8-2) - Raise your hand if you ever heard of the phrase "defense wins championships." While the Packers have an at-times explosive offense, it's their third-ranked defense that has served as the foundation of their NFC-best start. On Sunday, they held the Seattle Seahawks scoreless, handing Russell Wilson the first shut-out of his career.
2. Tennessee Titans (8-2) - Alongside playing better defense in recent weeks, the Titans demonstrated the crafty IQ of a veteran team during their 23-21 victory over the New Orleans Saints. But such craftiness and toughness will get tested when the Titans travel to Foxboro to face the streaking New England Patriots on Sunday.
3. Dallas Cowboys (7-2) - In the words of musician Drake, Dallas "had to go and hit reset, now we're here." After an ugly loss last week, the NFC East leader trounced the Atlanta Falcons in their 43-3 win last Sunday, demonstrating that they’re the most explosive offense in the league.
4. Arizona Cardinals (8-2) - Even though every team in the NFL gets impacted by injuries, it's completely different when you're missing arguably the league's best quarterback and wide receiver duo in Kyler Murray and DeAndre Hopkins. Still, the Cardinals' defense needs to become stingier after surrendering 34 points to the Carolina Panthers last Sunday.
5. Los Angeles Rams (7-3) - Just as even the best offenses are due for a bad game, good teams are susceptible to bad stretches too. While it's surprising to watch the Rams struggle, a midseason slump isn’t necessarily fatal for their Super Bowl dreams. The biggest question is how fast can the Rams right the ship with seven weeks remaining.
6. Buffalo Bills (6-3) - A week after suffering their biggest loss of the season, the Bills bounced back with ease by dismantling the New York Jets, 45-17, on the road. Although the Jets are hardly stiff competition, it’s encouraging that the Bills beat them so resoundingly. Next Sunday, the Bills can continue to prove their bona fides as an elite team against a talented and physical Colts team.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-3) - For the second year in a row, the Buccaneers have hit a mid-season skid, losing two games in a row due to various injuries and inconsistency. While their remaining schedule is mostly against opponents below .500, the defending champs' chance to repeat becomes less likely if their current performance continues.
8. Baltimore Ravens (6-3) - There isn't much to say regarding the Ravens' 22-10 upset loss against the Miami Dolphins other than the fact everybody not named Lamar Jackson has to step up immediately if the Ravens want to be taken seriously as a contdner.
9. New England Patriots (6-4) - The Patriots have officially legitimized their run for this year's postseason by winning four consecutive games, capped off by a 45-7 win against the Cleveland Browns on Sunday. Bill Belichick is showing why he’s one of the greatest coaches in the history of American sports and rookie quarterback Mac Jones has settled in and adjusted to the speed of the game.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (6-4) - Ready or not, here comes the Chiefs. The reigning AFC champion has returned to the top of their division, led by quarterback Patrick Mahomes' five passing touchdowns in their 41-17 divisional win over the Las Vegas Raiders. And with a primetime matchup against the 7-2 Cowboys on Sunday, the Chiefs have a perfect opportunity to remind everyone of who they are.
More from one37pm
Who Has Won the Most Ballon d'Or Awards?
What Is The Closest Super Bowl Ever?
Buckets: Players with the Most Threes in an NBA Season
Most Valuable Footballers: The 6 Most Recent Ballon d'Or Winners
Who are the The Highest Paid Female Athletes in 2023?
CM Punk WWE Return: Our Dream Match Wishlist