Best iPad Covers for Protection and Style on Amazon
ONE37pm editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
How to pick the best iPad cover for you
- Consider just how durable you need it to be – Perhaps you need your iPad protected on the rare occasion that you occasionally bump it into something or drop it, in which case you need something strong but not overly bulky. However, if you have a toddler who will be using your tablet a lot, something with a little more emphasis on protection could be good.
- Consider design – Of course, iPad covers don’t need to be all about protection. You can also pick something mainly for its color or design to make your iPad pop a little more and stand out.
- Consider if you need a stand and how versatile you need it to be – Most iPad covers these days double as a stand, which is a helpful option. There are varying degrees to how useful these can be, though, with some just offering one position and others offering multiple angles for the stand and even a typing mode.
- Consider which iPad you’re buying a cover for – New Apple products come out so often that it can be difficult to keep up. Of course, your iPad cover’s dimensions need to be perfect, so make sure you’re buying the right cover for the right tablet.
1. ESR Case for iPad
Buy now, $9.99
This cover from ESR is for the iPad models that are 9.7 inches, namely the 2017/2018 release. It comes in black and is made from some great quality materials. The cover is made from super soft microfiber and a non-deforming material and coated in PU leather. The back cover is scratch-resistant. It uses strong magnets, which means that its auto wake/sleep function will last for a long time. The standing model sits at a 65-degree angle and the typing mode at 30 degrees.
- Strong magnets
- Sratch resistant back
- Only one angle for standing and typing modes
2. Fintie Case for iPad
Most Style Options
Buy now, $14.99
This Fintie cover works for 7th, 8th, and 9th generation iPads that are 10.2 inches. What’s great about this cover is that in addition to all of the great qualities that a standard tablet cover should have, it also comes in a vast number of designs and colors. Color-wise, you can get it in black, red, purple, navy, or rose gold, and in terms of designs, you can get sunflowers, constellations, marble, the United States flag, and a notebook. It also features a large pocket in which you can carry documents, and there are not one, not two, but three standing mode angles.
- Large pocket
- 3 standing mode angles
- Wide variety of designs and colors
- No portrait standing mode
3. ProCase iPad Air
Buy now, $10.99
This case by ProCase fits on iPads that are 10.5 inches, namely the 3rd generation iPad Airs and the 2017 iPad Pro. The cover has a matte finish which not only protects the iPad but is also fingerprint, scratch, and smudge-free. It’s an especially useful feature if you have a child that is going to be using it often. The standing and typing angles are 65 degrees and 30 degrees, respectively, and it, of course, has an auto sleep/wake function. It doesn’t have the widest range of designs, but even if plain, it does come in a solid amount of colors.
- Great variety of colors
- Smudge and fingerprint free case
- Only one standing and typing mode
- Magnet connection can be weak
4. ZUGU CASE Case Protective
Buy now, $49.99
This case from Zugu fits iPads that are 9.7 inches, namely the 5th and 6th generation and even the 2013 iPad Air. This cover has been tested and says it can protect your iPad from a 5-foot drop on any surface, including cement. The outside material is synthetic leather, and the internal structure is fiberglass, which absorbs shock well. Notably, there is a stand for viewing as many of the covers on this list, but this cover is exceptional because you can pick from 7 different angles. It also has a holder on the side for your Apple Pencil or any equivalent around the same size.
- Stand has 7 different angles
- Apple Pencil pocket
- No different colors or designs available
5. Rantice Protection Cover
Buy now, $17.99
Last up is Rantice’s cover which fits all 9.7-inch iPads. You can tell just by looking at it that this case has protection in mind. It is very thick and is designed to be thick enough to absorb shock effectively. It’s coated in silicone and has a premium feel. Around the camera, the material is raised 5mm to stop any kind of scratching. If you’re looking for a slim option, this isn’t for you, but if protection is the only thing on your mind, it’s hard to go wrong here. It also comes in a wave of different colors.
- Very thick, protective design
- Comes in different colors
ONE37pm may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
Did you like this article?