As the cameras on smartphones continue to get better, a rising number of aspiring photographers will continue to use them professionally and a rising number of smartphone users will try to take professional photos with them. A big step towards that is getting a phone tripod and to help you out, here’s a list of five of the best on the market.
Best Phone Tripods on Amazon
How to pick the best phone tripod for you
- Consider weight – There’s a good chance that if you’re buying a tripod, you’re planning on taking it out and about with you. If so, getting one on the lighter end might be a great choice.
- Consider design – Another thing to think about if you’re going to be travelling with your tripod is how it looks. Most are okay because they’re all black, but some of the shapes and sizes can get tricky.
- Consider compatibility – Many tripods these days will work for multiple kinds of smartphones, but definitely make sure that yours fits the exact model of your phone before buying. You might also want it to work with a certain type of camera like a GoPro in case you get that in the near future, so think about that too.
- Consider size – Tripods, as we mentioned earlier, can come in many different shapes and sizes. Think about how long you want the tripod’s legs to be before buying.
1. UBeesize Phone Tripod
This UBeesize phone tripod is compatible with the iPhone 7 Plus, the iPhone XR, the iPhone XS Max and GoPros. It will also fit cameras that are up to 3.7 inches wide. It has adjustable legs so you can get different angles. The legs can even wrap around and balance on a fence or similar surface. Despite its no-slip feet, if it does fall over, the material is durable. The wireless remote allows you to control it form up to 30 feet away, but has been said to be unreliable because of the bluetootch connection.
- Adjustable legs
- Holds phones and cameras securely
- Wireless remote is unreliable
2. 62" Phone Tripod Accessory Kits
This phone tripod from Aureday is made from an aluminium-allow structure which is both lightweight and durable. It’s compatible with a bunch of different phones which are listed on the site. What’s great about this product is that it allows for great adjustability in both its height and its angle. The height can be changed from 17 inches to a whopping 62.3 inches. There’s also a 360 degree pan option for your phone and it can be titled to its side too. It’s worth noting that this tripod is too big to carry around on its own but doesn’t come with a bag.
- Great adjustability
- Too big to carry without a bag
3. Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod Kit
Next up is Manfrotto’s phone tripod which focuses on its small size. That won’t work for everybody, but for some, a mini tripod will be all they need. The PIXI is creative and compact, with a surprising amount of compatibility considering its size. The default mode is its smartphone clamp, but it also comes with an adaptor for GoPros. It’s worth mentioning that the clamp doesn’t allow phones to be in portrait mode.
- Very compact but durable
- Works with GoPros
- Doesn’t allow phones to be in portrait mode
4. Phone Tripod Stand Selfie Stick
This phone tripod can expand from 16.5 inches to 54 inches and the adjustable knob allows for phones that are 2.1 inches to 4.1 inches. The design is solid and the tripod weights just 0.9lbs. Despite the fact that it says it can be used as a selfie stick, if that’s your primary use, perhaps get a product that does solely that. Some users have reported that the phone doesn’t angle downwards well, making selfie hard.
- Good height adjustability
- Lightweight but strong
- Not great for selfie stick use
5. Phone Tripod With Ring Light
Last but not least, this phone tripod by Sensyne is unique because it comes with a 10 inch ring light with three color modes in cool white, warm yellow and daylight). While the light may be overkill for some more casual users, those into photography will know the importance of good lighting at any level. The phone holder itself extends from 2.3 inches to 4.5 inches and the tripod can be controlled with a wireless remote. It’s not going to do the job for a professional but it’s perfect for those on a budget.
- Comes with ring light
- Wireless remote
- Ring light could be brighter
ONE37pm may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
More from one37pm
The 29 Best Minimalist Wallets to Shop in 2024
The 18 Best Cowboy Boots for Men For Your Next Western Adventure
Cowboy Core is Taking Over the Runway, Social Media, and Streetwear
The 23 Best Sunglasses Brands for Men in 2024
The 12 Best Spring Sneakers to Break Out in 2024
The 18 Best Basketball Shorts to Shop in 2024: Reviewed and Researched