Projectors aren’t anywhere near as popular as televisions, but they’re still an increasingly popular choice for households around the world who want that extra bang with their viewing experience. Below is a list of some of our favorite options on the market right now.
Best Projector Screens on Amazon
How to pick the best projector screen for you
- Consider screen size – To figure out what size your projector screen should be, you first need to have an idea of where you’ll use it. If you plan on using it at multiple places, like a living room and your garden, think about a size that will be perfect for both. Also consider where your projector will be and what its throw ratio is. Once you do, a good formula is image width x throw ratio = distance from screen.
- Consider color – It might surprise you to know that projector screens can come in colors other than white. While a white screen is the most popular option by far, gray, silver and black screens also have their own benefits, helping with contrast and darker images.
- Consider gain – Gain is a measurement of the reflectivity of a screen. For most projector screen you buy to use at home, anywhere from 1.0 to 1.3 will be suitable enough, but at a high end, gain can hit 4.0.
- Consider fixed frame vs. retractable – Fixed frame screens essentially mean that a border goes around the entire screen and it’s constantly like that while retractable screens is when the screen rolls down from a long, mounted metal case before use and rolled back up afterwards. If you don’t mind having a full screen up constantly or moving it away after use and having to put it in the exact right place every time then a fixed frame screen will be fine, but a retractable screen saves space and time for many.
1. Mdbebbron 120 inch Projection Screen
First up is Mdbrebbron’s projection screen. It’s 120 inches with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and display dimensions of 104 inches x 58 inches. It’s made with polyester fabric that is thick and smooth. The benefit of this material is that the screen can be folded and scrunched up and won’t crease easily. This means that if you want to fold it away so that it’s in storage when you’re not using it, you can. When you do decide to use it, you’ll use the hooks, rope, brackets and double-sided tape that the package comes with. That mind sound like a lot of setting up to do, but it doesn’t take too long. Some have reported that brighter, smaller text can appear blurry here.
- Can be stored away easily
- Simple to put up
- Text can appear blurry
2. Taotique 4K Movie Projector Screen
Taotique have a projector here that is 120 inches and supports 4k UHD. It’s also made of thick polyester fibre material that can be folded or compressed while not wrinkling. This projector screen has a 160 degree viewing angle, which means you don’t need to be sitting directly front and center of it to see the picture well enough, although that’s how you’ll get the optimal viewing experience. It comes with 2 ropes and 16 hooks for installing. Depending on what you’re watching, you might also be able to take advantage of the fact that the projector supports both front and rear projection, which means people can sit either side of the screen, although the rear projection leaves a little to be desired. Some have said that the projector offers about the same quality as a clear wall, but if you’re going to use it outdoors then it’s especially handy.
- Won’t wrinkle despite folding and compressing
- Supports 4k
- Wide viewing angle
- Rear projection could be better
- Better for outdoors
3. Elite Screens Yard Master 2
Next up is Elite Screens’ Yard Master 2, a 120 inch projector screen with a 59 inch x 104.7 inch viewing size and a 16:9 aspect ratio. Unlike the two previous projectors on the list, this one’s material is PVC and a tensioned matte white PVC to be exact. The screen has a gain of 1.3, which will do the job for most casual viewings, and supports 4k. Though the screen is slightly weather-resistant, it shouldn’t be left out in harsh conditions for a long time. On the back of the screen is a black surface which prevents light penetration, enhancing the quality of the image. Take care when storing because some have said that creases can start to show.
- Great material for good quality image
- Black rear screen enhances the image
- Can crease
4. VIVOHOME Projector Screen
This projector screen from VIVOHOME is retractable, or a “manual pull down” screen. The screen is made with a plastic material while the screen casing is metal, meaning it can withstand some deformation or damage and will protect your screen well. When the screen is being pulled down, there is a self-locking system that will keep it in place. The screen has a viewing angle of 160 degrees and has a matte finish which helps with picture quality, along with the black PVC backing. Keep in mind that if not taken care of, the edges can curl.
- Wide viewing angle
- Edges can curl
5. 100 inch Projector Screen with Stand
Last up is SKERELL’s 100 inch projector screen. Made from a high quality polyester and spandex material, this projector is handy for those who don’t want to install a screen onto a wall because it comes with a stand. In total, the screen and the stand weigh just 6 pounds. The stand of course comes as part of the product and is made with durable stainless steel. It can be used both indoors and outdoors, although keep in mind the fact that there’s no metal holding at the bottom of the screen, on a windy day the screen can move slightly.
- Comes with a stand
- Very light
- Can move outside
ONE37pm may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.