30 Kanye West Quotes, From Wild To Inspiring
Sometimes it’s hard to remember that the Kanye West that we know today is the same Kanye West that was producing for JAY-Z two decades ago and rapped about splitting the KFC buffet with his girl on ‘Touch The Sky.’ The Ye of today seems so far removed from what we knew him as back then that it’s hard to remember that it’s the same person.
In his fifteen-plus years of fame, Kanye’s said a lot in songs, interviews, and even on social media. The good, the bad, and everything in between. We’ve compiled a list of 50 Kanye West quotes that were everything from wild to inspiring, but most of all, all-out memorable for better or for worse. None of them are from his music, either. Sit back and enjoy.
2. “Criticism can bother you, but you should be more bothered if there’s no criticism. That means you’re too safe.”
3. “I refuse to accept other peoples’ ideas of happiness for me. As if there’s a ‘one size fits all’ standard for happiness.”
4. “I’m the closest that Hip-Hop is getting to God. In some situations, I’m like a ghetto Pope.”
5. "When I think of competition it’s like I try to create against the past. I think about Michelangelo and Picasso, you know? The pyramids.”
7. “I am the number one being in music. That means any person that’s living or breathing is number two.”
8. “I am flawed as a human. I am flawed as a person. As a man I am flawed, but my music is perfect.”
9. “Would you believe in what you believe in if you were the only one who believed it?”
10. “I’m my favourite rapper.”
12. "I feel that I’m very blessed. But with great blessings come great responsibility.”
13. “I don’t think there’s a living celebrity with more weapons formed against him, but I don’t think there’s one more prosperous.”
14. “Visiting my mind is like visiting the Hermés factory. Shit is real.”
15. "People never change. They just become better at hiding who they really are.”
17. "I’m not comfortable with comfort. I’m only comfortable when I’m in a place where I’m constantly learning and growing.”
18. “If you read books – which I don’t, none at all – about how to become a billionaire, they always say “you learn more from your mistakes.” So if you learn from your mistakes, then I’m a fucking genius.”
19. “I feel like I’m too busy writing history to read it.”
20. “I’m on the pursuit of awesomeness. Excellence is the bare minimum.”
22. “The Bible had 20, 30, 40, 50 characters in it. You don’t think that I would be one of the characters of today’s modern Bible?”
23. “I think the world can be saved through design, because what is the most disrespectful thing someone can do? Kill someone. So, good taste is the opposite of that.”
24. “For me, money is not my definition of success. Inspiring people is a definition of success.”
25. “Creative output, you know, is just pain. I’m going to be cliché for a minute and say that great art comes from pain.”
27. “People always say that you can’t please everybody. I think that’s a cop-out. Why not attempt it? ‘Cause think of all the people you will please if you try.”
28. “I’ll say things that are serious and put them in a joke form so people can enjoy them. We laugh to keep from crying.”
29. “If I don’t scream, if I don’t say something, then no-one’s going to say anything.”
30. "I love sleep. It's my favorite."
Did you like this article?