Many men still feel that they don’t need some form of a skincare routine, but a good face moisturizer can make a massive difference at a minimum. If you’re looking to get one but don’t know how to go about it, below we’ve got a list of considerations to make before you buy—along with a list of five great moisturizers for men.
Best Face Moisturizers For Men on Amazon
How to pick the best face moisturizer
- Consider skin type – Skincare is incredibly important, which of course means it’s also incredibly complicated. Getting a moisturizer isn’t as simple as picking the first one you see online or on the shelf. Your skin can either by oily, sensitive, dry or any combination of these, so you need to consider this.
- Consider ingredients – All moisturizers are not created equally. In fact, ingredients can greatly differ from product to product. For example, some might contain vitamin c, which helps with anti-aging. Oatmeal and aloe ease inflammation. Vitamin E fights skin damage and dullness. Despite this, not every product will include everything.
- Consider fragrance – Moisturizers can either have a fragrance, be fragrance-free or unscented. Fragrances smell nice, but are also often synthetic and help mask toxins which cause the skin to react badly. Fragrance-free doesn’t mean that the moisturizer will smell, because often natural ingredients provide a nice smell. Unscented moisturizers may include a ‘natural smelling’ fragrance. This is a tricky one, so be sure to check before you buy.
- Consider organic – Moisturizers made with organic ingredients are usually much healthier for the skin. Some moisturizers market themselves as being ‘natural’, but this is a slippery slope and doesn’t always mean what people interpret.
1. Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturizer
This first men’s face moisturizer from Jack Black is a great option for those who want their skin to feel nourished and hydrated without feeling oily. It includes vitamin E which will have your skin’s appearance looking better and it also consists of vitamin A, blue algae extract, phospholipids and sea parsley. This double-duty face moisturizer also includes UVA/UVB protection which helps stop aging caused by the sun. It has an SPF of 20. In terms of the company, they never test their products on animals, which is always a bonus. Do note that if you have sensitive skin or incredibly dry skin, you’ll need something different.
- Hydrates skin
- Great natural ingredients
- UVA/UVB protection
- Not for sensitive or very dry skin
2. Brickell Men's Daily Essential Face Moisturizer
This daily essential face moisturizer by Brickell is made with 100% natural ingredients but even more crucially, 83% organic ingredients. It consists of aloe vera, which supplies moisture and antioxidants to the skin tissue, jojoba oil which creates a kind of protective cushion on your skin to help prevent water loss and green tea, which helps with anti-aging. This company’s products are always vegan, never tested on animals and don’t contain sulfates, synthetic fragrances or gluten. Some have stated that there is a strange scent despite it being unscented.
- 83% organic ingredients
- Moisturizes well
- Can have a strange smell
3. Viking Revolution Natural Face Moisturizer
Best For Wrinkles
This face moisturizer is an especially great pick for men who have lines and wrinkles on their face. It will help diminish the look and nourish your skin so that it is as smooth as can be. It does this without any harsh chemicals that would have adverse effects. If you’re looking for something a little more like a cream, this might not be for you though because it has a particularly runny feel which some are not a fan of.
- Great for wrinkles
- No harsh chemicals
4. Bulldog Men's Facial Moisturizer
Bulldog is a very well respected and trusted brand in men’s health. This pack of moisturizers is actually interestingly made for use for your entire body, but it still works just as well on your face as most products out there. Many men start a skincare routine for their face and then neglect the rest of their body, so this is a good choice if that sounds like you. It’s designed for everyday use and the natural ingredients are paired with some carefully selected man-made products to increase performance. It can be a little greasy for some if used excessively, so keep that in mind.
- Can be used for whole body
- Soothes skin
- Can be greasy
5. Bevel Face Moisturizer For Men
Last but not least is this lotion from Bevel. It’s a lightweight hydrating gel that balances the skin’s natural oil and leaves your face with a shine-free finish. It’s infused with tea tree oil, apple extract and vitamin c and features no additives. This is a thicker option, so for some, it could leave the skin feeling stickier than they would like, but generally, the skin absorbs it pretty quickly.
- Shine-free skin
- No additives
- Improves dry and oily skin
- Can leave skin sticky
More from one37pm
The Best Men's Clothing on Sale Right Now
The 26 Best Men's Denim Jackets to Buy in 2024: Researched and Vetted
The 10 Best Men's Spring Jackets You Should Own in 2024
The 18 Best Chinos for Men in 2024, Researched and Vetted By Our Editors
The 29 Best Minimalist Wallets to Shop in 2024
The 18 Best Cowboy Boots for Men For Your Next Western Adventure