There's nothing quite like a cool glass of wine at the end of a tough or stressful day. If you are a wine connoisseur, collector, or have just simply made wine a part of your nightly routine, it might be wise to go on ahead and make the jump to a wine subscription service. Overtime you'll collect a lot of different wine types, and best of all, you'll pretty much never have to worry about running out (which almost always seems to happen on a day where you need a glass the most). Wine subscriptions are easy to sign up for, convenient, and do all the work for you in terms of keeping your cabinets full. Seeing as though we are right on the cusp of the holidays and you may be searching for the perfect gift to buy your girlfriends, boyfriends, or anyone else you care about, a wine subscription is just on time. We've put together a comprehensive list of the best wine subscriptions to enroll in for 2023 and beyond.
The 10 Best Wine Subscriptions of 2023
The best options to gift or get yourself
What we looked at:
The wine: Obviously the most important of a wine subscription is the wine itself. Wine picking can actually be a very meticulous process that takes into consideration the different brands/names, the regions certain wines are located in, the aromas, how strong or sweet it is, price points, and plenty more. Considering wine is finicky is the sense that different people have different preferences, there's no "right" or "wrong" answer on what the "right" wine is. However, we tried to pick subscriptions in which we knew the brand/wine choices were universally tried and true thumbs up options amongst both casual wine drinkers and hardcore wine lovers.
The frequency: The frequency is another element we took into consideration as some wine subscriptions deliver monthly, whereas others deliver quarterly. It was important to us to only put options where you are going to be getting the bang for your buck price wise as we don't want you paying annually for a subscription, but only getting a few bottles of wine over the course of the entire year.
The quantity: Expanding upon that last point, how much wine you're getting is an important factor to look at as you want to make sure you're investment is bringing you a sizable return. Some wine subscriptions require you to pay the entire year in advance, so it is especially important in those cases to know that the quantity of wine being delivered matches what you paid for.
The Best Wine Subscription Services, at a Glance:
- The Best Wine Subscription, Overall - Cellars Wine Club
- The Best Organic Option - Plonk Wine Club
- The Best Wine Subscription for Beginners - WSJ Wine
- The Best Wine Subscription for Intermediates - GaryVee Empathy Wine Club
- The Best Wine Subscription for Taste Testing - FirstLeaf Wine Club
- The Best Wine Subscription for Exploring - Bright Cellars Wine
- The Best Wine Subscription for Curated Picks - Wine Access
- The Best Wine Subscription for French Wine - SomMailer French Wine
- The Best Affordable Wine Subscription - Avaline
- The Best Wine for Advanced Drinkers - Winc
The Best Wine Subscription, Overall
- Type of wine: Red, white, rosé, sweet wine
- Frequency: Gives you the option of sending once a month automatically, or choosing how many bottles you want sent monthly, every other month, or every three months
- No. of bottles: Ranges from being able to choose 1 to a case of 12 each month
- Pricing: Depends upon which club you join and how frequent you want deliveries to be
- Pros: Tons of different clubs to join with the ability to choose how long you are subscribed for
- Cons: Full cases can run on the pricey side
Cellars Wine Club is truly one of the best wine clubs for all different wine levels as they are thoughtful and dedicated to not just the types of wine they offer, but also the types of subscriptions they have available as well. For example, beginners can start by joining the company's Single Bottle Wine Club, which allows you at minimum to try one new wine either every month, every other month, or every three months depending on your preference. If once you advance you decide you want to join the Premium Wine Club, you can choose to purchase anywhere from two to twelve wine types on a schedule of monthly, every other month, or every three months.
If you frequently host parties or things of that nature, you could opt for the 90+ Case of Wine Club option where you'll be getting a full case on your door step quarterly. The services Cellars Wine Club offers is straight-to-the-point, no-frills, and no non-sense. Best of all, you aren't locked into any long term commitments, and can take your relationship with them as slow or fast as you want.
The Best Organic Option
- Type of wine: Red, white, rosé, bubbly
- Frequency: Monthly, every two months, every three months
- No. of bottles: Ranges from 4 bottles every month to 12 bottles every three months
- Pricing: Depends upon which option you choose and how frequent you want deliveries to be
- Pros: Multiple wines to choose from, on the affordable side
- Cons: Not as extensive of a wine catalog as some other places
The same is true of Mixed Wine Club, which is a great wine place to subscribe to if you are into organic wine types. There's a few different subscriptions options available, with our favorite being the option to enroll in receive six new bottles either monthly or every two months as that strikes the balance between beginning and intermediate for wine drinking. The company's curation process is also an interesting one as it is a custom-tailored selection of classic and organic biodynamic red wines, white whites, rosé and bubbly. Along with your monthly shipment comes a preview video of the wines you'll be receiving, plus some food recipes from Food52 you can use to pair with your wine for some excellent dinner and wine options.
Seeing as though the absolute most you can spend is $285 to have twelve bottles of wine delivered to you every three months, we'd venture to say the affordability is there as well.
The Best Wine Subscription for Beginners
- Type of wine: Red, white, mixed
- Frequency: Every three months
- No. of bottles: 12
- Pricing: $69.99 every three months
- Pros: Comes with an assortment of wines, affordable, can choose if you want red wines, white wines, or mixed
- Cons: Price could change depending on time of the year, only one subscription option
If you didn't know Wall Street Journal had a wine club well now you do, and as it stands, they are one one of the best and highest-rated wine subscription services in the nation. While the price is one that could change depending on the time of the year, WSJ Wine's current offering is twelve wines delivered to you every three months for the price of $69.99. Considering some of the wines that are included within their selection, this current price is a major steal as many companies would have an assortment case of twelve priced much higher in that regard. Additionally, you can choose whether you want reds, whites, or a mixture within your deliveries, and after a certain amount of time you'll be eligible to receive two seasonal cases worth $174.99 each if you are interested.
The Best Wine Subscription for Intermediates
- Type of wine: Variety of reds, whites, and mixed
- Frequency: Every three to four months
- No. of bottles: Ranges from 3 bottles every three to four months to 12 bottles every three to four months
- Pricing: Ranges from $75 - $100 every three to four months to $300 - $450 every three to four months
- Pros: Comes with an assortment of wines and packages, can get invitations to private events with GaryVee, can get first access to limited edition wines
- Cons: Could run on the pricier side for some options
GaryVee got his start with entrepreneurship in winery, which has since advanced to his wine company Empathy Wines. Giving you a range of options, subscriptions start with the Enthusiast Package where you'll receive three bottles of wine three to four times a year, along with other benefits like getting invitations to certain events around the country. The Aficionado package gives you deliveries of six bottles of wine three to four times a year, and includes bonus perks like invitations to private events with GaryVee, complimentary tasting experiences at the Vaynerchuk wineries, and more.
The last package is the Connoisseur which delivers twelve bottles every three to four months, and also gives you access to the private events with GaryVee and complimentary tasting experiences. As a super bonus, enrolling in this package means that you'll receive an annual invite to the in-person event in Napa with GaryVee. Serving plenty of wine and plenty of perks, this is a great subscription for intermediate and advanced lovers.
ONE37pm is a subsidiary of VaynerX, founded by Gary Vaynerchuk.
The Best Wine Subscription for Taste Testing
- Type of wine: Red, white
- Frequency: Monthly
- No. of bottles: 6 or 12
- Pricing: Ranges from $90 every month for the six bottles to $180 every month for twelve bottles
- Pros: Comes with an assortment of wines and packages, gives you testing and pairing cards, offers free wine concierge consultations
- Cons: Only available in monthly subscriptions
If you are looking for a service where you can genuinely taste test and explore new wines, Firstleaf is a great choice to invest in. The process of enrolling in the company's services are very direct with no hidden fees or anything of that nature, making them a trustworthy and reputable service. Subscriptions begin with the first time offer of being able to get six wines for the price of roughly $32 to see if you like the service. From there, Firstleaf gives you the choice of getting six new wines each month for the price of $90, or twelve new wines each month for the price of $180. In addition to the curated deliveries, you'll also get testing and pairing cards that allow you to experiment the flavors, plus free wine concierge consultations.
The Best Wine Subscription for Exploring
- Type of wine: Red, white, and mixed
- Frequency: Monthly
- No. of bottles: 4, 6, or 4 bottles plus one mystery bottle
- Pricing: Ranges from $80 every month for the four bottles to $90 every month for six bottles. The six bottles package with the one mystery flavor is $110
- Pros: Affordable, has multiple wines to choose from, easy to enroll in
- Cons: Only offers a max of five bottles monthly
The process of beginning a process with Bright Cellar Wines begins with a quiz, where you'll be asked questions about which type of chocolate you like and how you prefer your tea. The personalized quiz then calculates the best types of wine for you depending upon your answers, which insures that their curations are a match for your taste buds. There's three different clubs to choose from that gives you quite a bit of versatility in terms of wine servicing. Bottles, four, six, or seven of them, will be sent to you monthly depending on which club you choose, with prices starting at $80 each month for the four bottle club. The six bottle club is $90 every month, and the six bottles plus the mystery flavor club clocks in at $110 every month.
The Best Wine Subscription for Curated Picks
- Type of wine: Reds, whites, and mixed
- Frequency: Ranges from every three months to quarterly
- No. of bottles: Depends on which club you choose
- Pricing: Ranges from $120 - $140 depending on the club you subscribe to
- Pros: Has wines for all levels, offers different clubs, has a variety of wines available including luxury
- Cons: Some might consider the price point high for the amount of bottles you get with the luxury clubs
The Wine Access club comes highly rated, giving you the ability to start at a beginner level with your wine subscription, or take to a luxury level if you wish. Our two favorites are the Wine For Normal People club, which gives you six bottles delivered quarterly for $150, and the WA Champagne Club that gives you four bottles every three months for $200 to $250. If wine collecting is a hobby and you're interested in the most prestigious wines from all over the globe, then you can enroll in the WA Collectors Program, which gives you exclusive access to rare and coveted showpiece collections at $250 to $400 per shipment every three months. It's worth taking a browse through all of the Wine Access options to see which one best suits you and your wine needs.
The Best Wine Subscription for French Wine
- Type of wine: Red, whites, and mixed
- Frequency: Every three months
- No. of bottles: 3, 6, 12
- Pricing: Ranges from $110 - $399 depending on the club you subscribe to
- Pros: Has different options and different wine types, offers affordable pricing
- Cons: Some could consider the amount of bottles per shipment low for only being delivered every three months
If French wine is your fancy, look no further than SomMailer's French Wine Club, which gives you all the basics at very affordable price points. Prospective customers are given the option to choose either the C'est La Vie Club, which gives you three bottles of wine every three months for $110, the Rendez-Vous Club which provides six bottles of wine for $209 every three months, or the Et Voila Club, which delivers twelve bottles to your door every three months for $399. What makes SomMailer different from the others you ask? Well, the company offers exclusive French wines that are unavailable in the United States. Plus, you'll also get access to a VIP wine tour of the founder’s family vineyards in Bordeaux as a bonus perk.
The Best Affordable Wine Subscription
- Type of wine: Red, white, and mixed
- Frequency: Ranges from one to three months
- No. of bottles: Depends on how many you select
- Pricing: Depends upon which wine you subscribe to and how many months you choose
- Pros: Has different options and different wine types, offers affordable pricing, great customer service
- Cons: You can only subscribe to one individual wine, no cases are available
Avaline is a different wine subscription from the ones we've already listed as they don't offer packages or cases with their subscription options. Instead, Avaline gives you the choice of picking an individual wine you want to subscribe to for a period of one, two, or three months. This option works best for individuals who have a dedicated wine type they like, as opposed to those who like to taste test or have a variety of different wines on hand at all times. Prices range from about $20 to $25 per bottle, and you can choose how much you want to be delivered to you quantity wise with your delivery frequency selection. Also, we have to give bonus points for Avalines wines being organic and rich in flavor.
The Best Wine for Advanced Drinkers
- Type of wine: Red, white, rosé, sparkling
- Frequency: Monthly
- No. of bottles: 4
- Pricing: Ranges from $52 - $59.95
- Pros: Multiple wine options, affordable, can skip a month if needed
- Cons: Only one subscription option
Winc's subscription process is also one that starts with a personality quiz to get a glimpse of your tastes and palate. The company's subscription option is one that cuts right to the chase, offering you four curated bottles monthly from $52 to $59.95 depending upon which wines are chosen. The wines come top rated with an assortment of red, white, rosé, and sparkling, and the sign-up process is one that can be done with relatively ease. The price point is one that's very affordable for the top-rated wines being offered, and should you need to skip a month of cancel, that process is one that can be done quite easily at any time.
How we picked the best wine subscription services:
Our picks for this list included a mixture of personal experiences with the brands and companies we've tried, along with lots of research to see what's the best out there according to user reviews. We also took into consideration the various different wine types each company offered, along with the price points and subscription options to make sure you will get an investment you're satisfied with.
FAQs about wine subscriptions:
Here are some frequently asked questions about wine subscriptions.
How much do wine subscriptions cost?
The price of a wine subscription varies depending on which company you are subscribed to, how much wine you're getting, and how often you are having deliveries. Some companies offer a flat rate and amount where you're getting a certain amount of bottles for a certain price every month, whereas others allow you to customize your own package for a certain amount over a period of time.
How do I order wine online?
The process of ordering wine online is easy. If choosing not to enroll in a subscription, you can go through the standard process of adding whatever wine you want into your cart and checking out. If choosing to enroll in a subscription, you'll need to follow the individual instructions for each company to complete the sign-up process.
RELATED: The 20 Best Gatorade Flavors, Ranked
More from one37pm
The 12 Best Canada Goose Jackets to Cozy Up This Winter
The 21 Best Skate Shoes to Shred in 2023
The 20 Best Turtlenecks for Men to Achieve Effortless Winter Style
22 Canadian Clothing Brands You Should Know in 2023
The 22 Best Cashmere Sweaters for Men to Stay Warm in 2023
How First Class Sneaks Became the Go-To Sneaker Spot in Atlanta