Welcome to the latest edition of “The Past Week in Crypto News," a weekly recap of companies, institutions, organizations, and individuals who are beginning to adopt crypto as a payment/work platform. With the crypto industry becoming more and more dynamic, this weekly report is meant to help you stay in the loop. The last few days saw crypto becoming more mainstream, implemented by some of the world’s most prominent organizations across different industries.
The Past Week In Crypto News (Nov. 10th-17th): Crypto.com Sponsorship and More
Michael Caloca / ONE37pm
1. Crypto.com reaches a sponsorship deal with LA Lakers; Staples Center will be renamed as “Crypto.com Arena”
2. MLB player Shohei Ohtani joins FTX as a brand ambassador, will receive equity in the company
3. Bitcoin company NYDIG reaches a sponsorship deal with the Houston Rockets
4. Barbados to become the first country to launch an embassy in the Metaverse
5. Constitution DAO is trying to buy a rare copy of the US Constitution, and it has raised $13 million so far
Did you like this article?
More from one37pm
The 27 Best A24 Films of All-Time, Ranked
6 Things We Learned From 'Renaissance: A Film by Beyoncé'
The Top 15 Most Valuable Star Wars Trading Cards
All 27 Pixar Movies, Ranked from Worst to Best
REESE’S Caramel Big Cup Is the Best Thing Since Chocolate and Peanut Butter
Our 'The Legend of Zelda' Movie Dream Casting