When you make the decision to buy a new wallet, it can be tough to scour through the thousands upon thousands of options available. Rather than identifying a specific wallet to pine after, it can be helpful to narrow down your search to a specific trusted brand, and then pick an option from their overall selection. So with this in mind, we compiled a list of the best wallet brands for men to get familiar with.
The 13 Best Wallet Brands For Men
How to Pick the Best Wallet Brand for You
Picking a wallet is a big decision. It’s not just somewhere you keep your cash and cards, but it’s part of your identity and that makes choosing the right one a big deal. It doesn’t help that there are a lot of different factors to consider when getting one but below, before we pick out a baker’s dozen of the best wallet brands for men, we’ve outlined the decisions you need to make.
- Consider price: A wallet is something you’ll likely use almost every day, so that’s enough justification for most to break the bank when getting one. But if you’re on a budget and just want something functional, that’s certainly a possibility too – you just have to make sure you’re not sacrificing durability or any other important feature for it.
- Consider design: A wallet that’s all black is great and is tough to go wrong with, but for many, a wallet is part of their identity and so they want something that represents them a little more. At the end of the day, a lot of people are going to see your wallet when you’re taking cash, cards or ID out from it, so perhaps it’s worth having something that can draw compliments. Whether that means something with a little colour or a designer brand is your call.
- Consider bifold vs. trifold: Simply put, bifold wallets have two sections while trifold wallets have three. If you’re fairly confident that you’re not going to ever keep much in your wallet, then go for the former which will fit in your pocket a little less bulky. One thing to consider is that a lot of trifold wallets often have a see-through slot in the middle for your ID to conveniently sit so you don’t have to pull it out over and over again.
- Consider durability: No-one wants a wallet that the threads are going to fall apart on quickly, especially if you’re using it daily, unfolding and unfolding it and forcing cards into tight spots trying to break it in. Durability is a must for a long-term wallets.
- Consider RFID blocking tech: This is considered an extra mostly. RFID-blocking material essentially blocks your cards’ electromagnetic signals, protecting it from a particular kind of theft called RFID skimming, which is basically electronic pickpocketing. Of course, this isn’t the biggest issue in the world and thankfully isn’t something you’ll likely have to deal with, so weight it up and see if you need it.
1. Louis Vuitton
- Standout product: Multiple wallet
- Where they’re made: US/France/Spain/Italy
The Louis Vuitton logo is recognizable worldwide, so if you’re willing to shell out some extra cash for one of their luxury wallets, it’ll definitely catch eyes. Their wallets are known for being both fashionable on the outside and practical on the inside, so you don’t have to worry about sacrificing functionality for the designer name. They have multiple kinds of wallets too, like card holders, pocket organizers and pouches.
- Standout product: Wallet with interlocking G
- Where they’re made: Italy
The great thing about the selection of wallets from Gucci is that they offer the standard kinds of designs you’d expect with their logos on it. There are great solid color options that stand out, more subtle pieces and even crocodile material. Of course, for even some of the simpler designs, you’ll be paying a premium for the name of the designer alone. Nonetheless, Gucci is one of the best wallet brands for men looking to splurge.
- Standout product: Meisterstück 4810 wallet 6cc
- Where they’re made: Florence, Italy
Montblanc is a luxury brand, but admittedly with a more subtle selection of products than some more well-known offerings. Once again, you’ll be paying at a higher price point for these items for the name. While this brand is often referred to for their fountain pens, they offer a wide-ranging selection of products that include wallets with good quality leather that will last for a good amount of time.
4. Mitchell Leather
- Standout product: Premium Horween Dubling
- Where they’re made: Wisconsin
Known for crafting high quality leather products, Mitchell Leather have a selection of men’s wallets that have a formal, elegant look to them. Each of their wallets come in a few different colors, like mahogany, whiskey and black cherry, to name a few. You can also choose to feature the brand’s logo on them or not, which is a really nice touch that’s often not thought about from a big brand. In terms of customization, you can even add some initials. All of this comes at a price point lower than that of some of the big designer brands on this list too, so if you want something long term on a little bit of a budget, you don’t have to shy away from Mitchell Leather.
- Standout product: Brasai
- Where they’re made: Switzerland
Another great brand for men’s leather wallets is Bally. They might not have the name value of some of the aforementioned brands on this list but that doesn’t mean that it’s of lesser quality. Bally is one of the oldest luxury brands on the planet, founded in 1851, and their experience in craftsmanship shows in their portfolio of wallets. Their scratch-resistant, fine grain leather is some of the best.
6. Harber London
- Standout product: Business Wallet with RFID Protection
- Where they’re made: Spain
Despite their customer base that runs worldwide, Harber London is a family-run, London-based brand that has earned quite the reputation for handmade leather goods, namely wallets. What’s great is that without paying a lot of extra money, you can purchase a wallet from Harber London that has RFID-blocking technology, to match great taste with safety. If luxury and minimalism for a good price is your thing, you can’t go wrong here.
- Standout product: Hide & Seek
- Where they’re made: India
Bellroy is one of the newer names on this list, established as recently as 2009. That just makes it all the more impressive that they’ve managed to build a reputation is a reliable brand for wallets in a shorter space of time. They put emphasis on building slim, sleek designs that can still carry as much as possible while sticking to that mantra. Their wallets often also include RFID-blocking.
- Standout product: World Tour Card Holder
- Where they’re made: Italy/Spain
Another luxury brand that has a prominence in making good quality wallets for men is DIOR. Their wallets often feature their iconic design and pattern that is known by millions worldwide, so if you do break the bank with one, at least you’ll know that it’s a recognisable brand. If you can afford to take a hit on the space, some of DIOR’s card holders have a really great look.
9. Tanner Goods
- Standout product: Utility Bifold
- Where they’re made: Oregon
Tanner Goods is a great brand for a combination of good quality and unique design while remaining far more affordable than the massive designer brands. They offer bifolds, card holders, travel wallets, workman wallets and more, all with a unique touch that makes them stand out. If their minimalist design philosophy is right for you, give them a try.
- Standout product: Derrick RFID Bifold with Flip ID
- Where they’re made: China
For a great balance of a brand that’s known and respected and one that won’t cost twice as much as the most amount of cash you could ever keep in it, try Fossil. Most of their wallets allow you to emboss a few letters on them, so you can give your wallet a more personal touch with your own initials if you wish. Their selection is both simple and formal, making Fossil one of the best wallet brands for men looking for a bit of everything.
11. The Ridge
- Standout product: Half Dome
- Where they’re made: China
There’s a good chance that you’ve heard of Ridge wallets through advertising on a podcast you listen to. They’re known for their aluminium/carbon fibre designs that are slim and have RFID-blocking technology. Despite their size, the elastic means that you can fit up to 12 cards in their average wallet, an impressive feat. Their cash strap wallet also means that you can carry money too. Ridge is one of the best wallet brands for men who prefer something structured as opposed to soft leather.
- Standout product: Charlie Wallet
- Where they’re made: China
One of the better subtle, budget options for men’s wallets on the market is Herschel. What’s great about their wallets is that all the various designs are available in multiple colours. Their Charlie wallet for example, is one of their most popular products, and is available in 51 different design options. Herschel is definitely one of the best wallet brands for men to shop, but they have a wide array that would be a good fit for anyone.
- Standout product: Senate Cardholder
- Where they’re made: China
Last but not least is Eskter, whose unique selling point is that they offer tracker cards for a little more money which will hopefully avoid you losing your wallet. If you’re someone who often misplaces your personal belongings, then this is a great idea. The brand was formed just seven years ago and in that time, has become one of the better smart wallet brands on the planet.