Best Webcams on Amazon
ONE37pm editors select every item that appears on this page, and the company may earn compensation through affiliate links within the story. You can learn more about that process here.
At the height of the pandemic when streaming saw a surge and we had to video chat with each other all the time, webcams came in handy more than ever. They make communicating much easier. If you’re looking to purchase a webcam soon, below are five of the best options on the market.
1. Top Pick: Amcrest Webcam
2. Best Professional: Tolulu Webcam
3. Runner Up: WansView Webcam
4. Best Resolution: XpCam Webcam
5. Best For Live Streaming: WalFront Webcam
How to pick the best webcam for you
- Consider what you’ll use it for – As we mentioned, talking to friends who are a long distance away and streaming are just two things you could use a webcam for, but even those tasks could require different kinds of webcams. If you’re streaming, you likely want a webcam with a very high resolution and maybe even high quality audio recording capabilities. You might even want a webcam that offers widescreen capabilities for some things.
- Consider how often you’ll use it and where – This is important because, if you’re using your webcam often enough that you want to keep it by your set up constantly, it might be worth getting one with a privacy shutter on it. This is especially true if you’re going to keep your webcam in a private room, like your bedroom, as opposed to an office. If you’re going to be traveling but want to take your webcam with you, it’s also worth getting one that’s a little more compact and lighter in weight. In this case, a longer connecting cable could also be worthwhile.
1. Amcrest 1080P Webcam
Buy now, $28.99
This option from Amcrest is great because it offers 1080p at 30fps at a wide angle, which means that it covers about all of the bases that the average person needs from a webcam with day-to-day use. Its built-in microphone offers noise reduction, which means background sounds can be drowned out so the main audio coming in is clearer. It also comes with a privacy cover for when it’s not in use. Its unique feature is that it works well in low light conditions. This means that it has to play with lighting though, which can backfire in some much brighter conditions.
- Background noise reducing microphone
- Low light
2. Webcam HD 1080p Web Camera
Buy now, $29.99
Next up is this webcam from ToLuLu, which—on top of being 1080p at 30fps—has automatic light correction and HDR technology. Its wide angle goes 110 degrees. Weighing just 6.3 ounces, coming with its own tripod and only needing its USB to be plugged in to work, it’s great to travel with. Unfortunately, as is often the case with non-professional options that offer lighting correction, sometimes in the wrong lighting, your face can come up too dark. But if you have a well lit office that you’re going to be using it in, this shouldn’t be too much of an issue.
- Auto-adjusting colors and lighting
- Includes a tripod for professional recording
3. Wansview 1080P Webcam
Buy now, $23.99
If along with your HD webcam needs you need sophisticated audio on a budget, it’s tough to go wrong here. Along with being 1080p at 30fps with white balance correction, this webcam has a dual microphone. There is a risk of some fish-eye distortion on the edges of your picture, but if your budget is in the $20 to $25 budget range, it’s hard to complain about a product like this. It’s also worth noting that while most plug and play webcams in this range feature 6 feet USB cables, this one is only 5 feet. It likely won’t make a difference to most, but could be an inconvenience.
- Dual microphone
- Compatible with most software and operating systems
- The connecting cable is short
- Some fish-eye distortion
4. HD Webcam with Privacy Shutter and Tripod Stand
This webcam by XPCAM is a 1080p USB webcam with a privacy cover, ticking all of those basic boxes. If you’re in need of a widescreen webcam then it’s a great option, but it’s worth noting that the webcam is a fixed zoom and the lens is automatically a wide-angle. So if you’re only ever going to be on your own with just your face showing, it could actually pick up far too much on either side of you.
- Includes a privacy cover
- Sleek, compact, and portable
5. 1080P 360-Degree Rotation Streaming Webcam
Buy now, $19.99
This option from Walfront boasts some features that no other webcam on this list does. First off, it features a 2k resolution. Admittedly, that isn’t a whole lot better than 1080p, but it is incrementally better and worth mentioning. It also has a horizontal rotating base that spins 360 degrees, which could be particularly useful in a boardroom meeting where multiple people around a table need to speak, or a stream where an entire room needs to be seen. This is a great webcam on a budget.
- Great on a budget
- 360 degree rotation
ONE37pm may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
Did you like this article?