Artists have an uncanny ability to inspire other humans, so we rounded up the most meaningful quotes from artists about giving back. Not everyone gets to have such a resonant voice in the world (no pun intended), so artists often harness this power to advocate for issues that matter to them and their audiences. Today, we're tuning into the spirit of generosity and community, ranking the top 13 quotes about giving back from musicians who believe in the power of kindness.
13 Meaningful Quotes About Giving Back from Your Favorite Artists
13. "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
Artist: Taylor Swift
12. "It's not about the money. It's about giving back."
Artist: Mick Jagger
11. "It's about focusing on the fight and not the fright."
10. "We have to take care of our own before we can take care of others."
9. "The world is more malleable than you think and it's waiting for you to hammer it into shape."
8. "Material things can't make the soul whole. Only love, trust, and a community of friends can do that."
7. "We are here to make a difference. We are here to use our gifts and let them shine."
Artist: Alicia Keys
6. "If you're pretty, you're pretty; but the only way to be beautiful is to be loving. Otherwise, it's just 'congratulations about your face.'"
Artist: John Mayer
5. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
Artist: Elton John
4. "A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality."
Artist: John Lennon
3. "When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around."
Artist: Willie Nelson
2. "We all require and want respect, man or woman, black or white. It’s our basic human right."
Artist: Aretha Franklin
1. "We are made wise not by the recollection of our past, but by the responsibility for our future."
Did you like this article?