No matter how seriously you take fashion, any man’s closet could benefit from some sweatshirts for the right occasion. They’re perfect for comfort both in and outdoors and are great budget buys. If you’re looking to add some to your collection, below is a list of some solid options.
Best Sweatshirts For Men on Amazon
How to pick the best sweatshirt for you
- Consider design – This is one of the most important factors in any item of clothing of course, because how you look is key, or as key as you want it to be anyway. Sweatshirts can be as basic as one solid color or have a crazy design and both can look impressive.
- Consider comfort – Of course, if there were any items of clothing where comfort mattered just as much as style, a sweatshirt might just be it. As long as your sweatshirt is presentable, next on the priority list is going to be how you feel in it. Fabric is a factor here, as is weight.
- Consider fit – Depending on your sweatshirt, the collar, shoulders, sleeves, length and width can all fit differently. Even slight variations in the length and size of these can give off a different look entirely, so figure out what the best fit is for you.
- Consider a hood – Sweatshirts can of course be hoodless or be hoodies, so picking which one you want is important.
1. Hanes Men's EcoSmart Sweatshirt
Hanes is a brand that people associate with their basic comfort wear, so it’s a great place to start here. This sweatshirt is 50% cotton and 50% polyester, which means you get the softness of the former but the durability of the latter. What’s great about this sweatshirt is it is from Hanes’ EcoSmart collection, which means that it was made from plastic bottles which are recycled into soft yarn. It’s also available in a wide variety of colors, including maroon, safety green, charcoal, light blue and many more. Some have reported that it can fade in the wash easily.
- Available in many colors
- Comfortable but durable
- Can fade in the wash
2. Gildan Men's Fleece Hooded Sweatshirt
Next up is this hoodie from Gildan which is 50% cotton, 50% polyester. It’s made with double needle stitching throughout, so it has enforced stitching and is a little stronger. The hood is also double-lined. The hoodie is great, especially for a budget buy, but leaves a little to be desired in terms of feeling like a luxury product with a consistent fit fron the arms to the waist.
- Thick hood
- Fit can be inconsistent
3. Amazon Brand - Goodthreads Men's Crewneck Fleece Sweatshirt
This Goodthreads fleece sweatshirt is made from 90% cotton and 10% polyester, which means it’s very soft. The fit will be perfect for a lot of people, because it’s comfortable and looser around the chest but fits tighter around the waist. The arms are also elasticated, so they hug your arm further down the bottom too. It comes in different colors like black, burgundy, navy, blue and more too. Be wary about picking your size when ordering, because some customers have said that larger sizes fit small and vice versa.
- Very soft
- Great fit
- Sizing can be strange
4. Russell Athletic Men's Dri-Power Pullover Fleece Hoodie
Russell Athletic’s fleece hoodie takes pride in its moisture wicking technology, which means not that it’s waterproof, but it works to move moisture away from your skin to the top layer of the fabric. It’s perfect for everyday use. Some have noted that the hoodie isn’t as heavy as they would like, but if you’re getting this for everyday use or indoor use, then it might not matter to you.
- Moisture wicking
- Available in various colors and designs
- Not very heavy
5. Champion Men's Authentic Originals Sueded Sweatshirt
Last up is this sweatshirt from Champion, which is 80% cotton and 20% polyester. The fleece is sueded on the outside and soft on the inside. There’s triple needle stitching, which means it’s incredibly strong. The crewneck, cuffs, waistband and v-notch are all ribbed. If you end up buying this, you might want to roll the sleeves up a little bit, because the arms can be a little disproportionately long.
- Strong stitching
- Soft inside
- Arms can be too long
ONE37pm may earn compensation through affiliate links in this story.
More from one37pm
The 12 Best Canada Goose Jackets to Cozy Up This Winter
The 21 Best Skate Shoes to Shred in 2023
The 20 Best Turtlenecks for Men to Achieve Effortless Winter Style
22 Canadian Clothing Brands You Should Know in 2023
The 22 Best Cashmere Sweaters for Men to Stay Warm in 2023
How First Class Sneaks Became the Go-To Sneaker Spot in Atlanta